Yocan UNI S Review

The Yocan UNI S is equipped with 10sec preheat function which is best for preparing your materials before use. Learn more on Yocan.com

Moderator: Sky

Michelle
United States of America

Yocan UNI S Review

Post by Michelle » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:46 am

The first impression of the Yocan Uni S was that it was constructed like a tank. The shell is all-metal. The whole thing is well made and feels great. It definitely has a high-end feeling. Yocan finally made an upgrade on the UNI series.

The shell is all-metal. The wheels and buttons that adjust the height and width are also metal. My biggest complaint about the original Uni and Pro is durability. Neither is immune from a few drops. I believe Uni S solves the durability problem I encountered in the product line. I did several drop tests on the hardwood floor with Uni S without any obvious damage. As I said, this thing is built like a tank.

Uni S is very small. It is barley, 2.25 inches high, and 1.24 inches wide. The dimensions listed by Yocan are 61x31.5x32 millimeters. By contrast, the original Uni is almost an inch taller. The size is very suitable for use on the road. The whole thing with ink cartridges is actually packed in a closed fist.

These functions are very standard, including preheating, 3 different temperature settings, straight-through charging, magnetic cartridge accessories, and adjustable cartridge height, and width. The operation is also very standard, 2 clicks to warm up, 3 clicks to change the power supply, and 5 clicks to turn off and turn on the device.

I am glad that the Uni S has low power options of 2.5v, 3.0v, and 3.5v. By contrast, the original Uni is 3.4v, 3.8v, and 4.2v. I like low-power e-cigarettes very much. The preheating voltage is 1.8v. I often use the preheating function because I am in a colder climate and the effect is very good.

I had to check the instructions to find the battery capacity. It is a 400 Ma battery. The original Uni battery is 650mAh. I doubt it is necessary because of its size. In any case, the battery can easily be used in large quantities throughout the day. USB-C charging is a welcome change, but I want the USB-C cable to be fully plugged in. This is the only negative effect I can find after a few days of heavy use.

In short, Yocan Uni S is a solid unit. It is very small and feels very good. It is a very suitable successor to the Uni product line. In my opinion, it is better constructed, more compact, easier to accept any ink cartridge than other high-quality battery options today, and is generally a better and cheaper option. Uni S is my new daily driver, and I'm very happy with it.

Get more on www.yocan.com

Return to “Yocan UNI S”